Hours: 36.5 hours per week
Salary: £30,145 - £36,337 per annum (Grade 5) depending on experience
Supervised by: Head of HR
Job Contribution: Ensuring the smooth running of HR processes for Non-Academic staff within the College.
•Recruitment and Selection – taking ownership of some of the recruitment campaigns, including: creating and placing job adverts, response handling to the applicants, choosing selection criteria, shortlisting of candidates, setting up interviews, interviewing, taking up references, making job offers, producing contracts of employment.
• Background Checks - maintaining Right to Work in the UK checks, preventing illegal working by ensuring that the sufficient evidentiary documentation is in place; conducting DBS checks on behalf of the College for eligible positions.
• Training and Development – assisting with identifying training needs, finding suitable external courses, setting up in-house trainings. Maintaining Staff Benefits (i.e. bus passes, cycle loans); providing information on pension scheme eligibility; coordinating pension consultations for staff with the Pension Adviser.
• Maintaining an accurate HR database of employee information (Sage HR and ERM systems).
• Employee Relations – providing support at various meetings regarding employee relations, i.e. disciplinary and grievance hearings, flexible working, performance issues etc.
• Taking part in ad-hoc HR related projects.
• Providing general HR advice and support to the staff and line managers.
• Undertaking other duties as requested by the Head of HR.
• A minimum of 2-3 year’s HR experience within an academic environment is preferred.
• An extremely high level of personal organisation.
• The ability to work with minimal supervision.
• A high level of accuracy and attention to detail, with an organised, systematic, and methodical approach to work.
• Excellent IT skills, including a high level of competence in database work, together with word-processing using MS Word, and use of MS Excel and MS Outlook. Experience of working with a database (SAGE 50 HR) would be ideal.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Personally credible, handling confidential information in a sensitive and professional manner.
• The ability to work successfully with a wide range of people including applicants, employees, suppliers, managers, academics etc.
• The ability to work well in a small team.
• A good standard of education (graduate calibre). CIPD qualified.