Food Service Assistant: £11.17 per hour (morning/early afternoon shift)
flexible up to up to 40 hours per week 5 days out of 7 on a rota basis
Supervised by: Hall Supervisors and Butler
By helping to provide an excellent service of food and drink for the SCR, students, staff and conference guests you contribute to the good teamwork in the Kitchen and to the successful performance of its Key tasks.
• To serve food to the college standards as directed by the Hall Manager and Assistant Bursar.
• To serve food in a hygienic way
• To know about the food you are serving and the ingredients for guests with allergies.
• To ensure sufficient material for the performing of cleaning duties are collected from the stores.
• To ensure that you are correctly dressed, adhere to high personal hygiene standards.
• Ensure all standard checklists are used as prescribed.
• All maintenance issues reported immediately following the correct procedure.
• To demonstrate an understanding of the need to control operating costs and energy conservation.
• Cleaning chemicals are used as directed, to achieve desired results and reduce wastage.
• To maintain a professional working relationship with the food service team.
• Must attend all H & S, Fire and Food Safety Training as directed by designated Line Manager.
• Ensure that while you undertake your role you abide by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and safe
• systems of work appropriate to your role.
• In use of chemicals, it is your responsibility to comply by COSHH.
• Understand the importance of adhering to college policy with reference to Hazard spotting, first aid
• reporting, and reporting accidents.
• To have a complete understanding of college procedure in the event of a fire.
• To ensure the College Health and Safety, Food Safety and COSHH legislation are adhered to; this will
• involve action and appropriate training.
• Ensure security for both self and all departments
• Clean smart appearance, friendly and professional approach, with an interest in food.
• On-job training will be given.
• NVQ level one, certificate in basic food hygiene