BiggerPockets is the leading resource for anyone looking to succeed in real estate investing. We offer content, tools, and a community of +2MM members to help people avoid mistakes; learn valuable tips; find partners, deals, and financing; and make the best investment decisions.
Our mission at BiggerPockets is to help people achieve financial freedom through real estate investing. Since 2004, we’ve helped investors get their first (or next) deal through a unique combination of immersive education, deal analysis tools, and a supportive community.
About the role
The Senior Marketing Manager, Subscriptions is responsible for driving free membership engagement (MAU) and paid subscription growth (subscriptions, churn, MRR/ARR, etc.). As the internal owner for memberships marketing, you’ll lead the overarching strategy, execution, performance, and ongoing optimizations to take us to the next level.
This is an exciting opportunity for a matrix-maven. The role requires collaboration with multiple teams: You’ll partner with the Growth & Acquisition Marketing team on seamless user handoffs, taking their high-quality leads and turning them into engaged and paying members. You’ll work closely with Product to refine personas, understand user problems, and translate insights into actionable go-to-market strategies. You’ll coordinate with the Content & Media teams to identify opportunities to promote our membership in authentic and relevant ways. You’ll team up with our Email Marketing Manager to implement and constantly optimize email automations. If you love diving into the data to understand performance and drive growth across every part of the organization, let's talk!
Candidates are accountable for developing marketing strategies that create value for the user and drive subscription revenue. This role reports to the Director of Product Marketing.
In this job, you will:
- Drive growth in new paid subscriptions by leading strategy, execution and optimization for existing marketing playbooks, and identifying new opportunities to continually diversify our marketing mix. Existing conversion funnels include on demand webinars, email automations, site, owned media promotions (podcast, social, YouTube), seasonal bootcamp courses, etc.
- Build the “who, how, why” marketing framework for subscriptions - who is our target, how do we reach them, why should they care? Continually refine subscription personas and messaging/positioning based on consumer insights, research, and testing; partner with Product to establish a constant feedback loop for marketing and product optimizations to connect ot the user
- Develop promotional strategy that maximizes demand and revenue potential
- Develop and execute ongoing CRO experiments across core marketing funnels to drive continual improvement. You’ll own execution in the on demand webinar channel, but will partner with marketing channel owners to execute tests in various channels like email, site, podcast, youtube, paid media, etc.
- In partnership with our Email Marketing Manager, you’ll own critical email workflows for free and paid members - welcome series, engagement funnels, re-engagement series, winback series, etc.
- Partner with Product to identify continued value creation for our subscription product, and lead go-to-market campaigns to drive awareness and adoption among members
- Reduce subscription churn through retention marketing, churn mitigation, and winback strategies.
- Provide weekly reporting on overall performance, funnel dynamic, insights, and “so what” next steps
- Continuously analyze performance data to support proposed initiatives, optimize current campaigns, and identify new opportunities for growth
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing, integrated marketing, or growth marketing, with demonstrated experience developing and analyzing product acquisition efficiency and effectiveness
- You’ve had meaningful experience with B2C membership and/or subscription products
- Multi-channel marketing: You have experience in multiple marketing channels and have learned how to successfully leverage paid media, email, podcast, YouTube, and content marketing to drive growth
- You're a matrix maven: You're energized by matrixed collaboration, can deftly figure out the best way to out puzzle pieces together, and understand how to navigate building relationships while driving results
- You embrace ambiguity and drive decisions. You know how to translate high-level objectives into tangible and actionable strategies, can filter ideas through a marketing 80/20 lens, and can proactively communicate on performance, updates, and issues.
- You're a data nerd: You can interpret and storytell around data.
- You test, learn, and try again: You have deep experimentation experience and mindset with a proven track record of executing A/B tests, optimizing campaigns and translating data into insights
- You have a growth mindset: your experience can help us lay a solid foundation, and your curiosity and commitment to growth will take us to the next level.
Remote - US based
$100,000 - $125,000 based on experience, plus 10% bonus potential.
Minimal travel is required for this position
Equal Opportunity Employer
BiggerPockets is proud to be an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ+ employer.
We celebrate, support, and encourage being different for the benefit of our team members and community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, genetic information, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, veteran status or other non-merit factors.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. All employment offers are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Office snacks & beverages
- Tuition reimbursement & career development
- Dog-friendly office
- 401k package
- Fully paid parental leave
- Paid Short Term Disability
- Flexible paid time off
- 12 company-paid holidays per year
- Community service & volunteer opportunities
- Amazing team & fun culture
- Learn more about real estate investing