Dune is on a mission to make crypto data accessible. We’re a collaborative multi-blockchain analytics platform which is used by thousands of developers, analysts, investors and community members to better understand how the crypto ecosystem works.
We’re a fast growing team, working remotely from all across the world. We cherish working on a product that empowers our users to create and do their own research in an open community first manner.
We’re backed by some of the world's best investors. In February 2022, we announced that we’ve raised our Series B funding, led by Coatue 🦄 to double down on our mission of making crypto data accessible! We’ll use the funds to educate, reward and empower a new generation of on-chain analysts aka Dune Wizards.
Here's how 👇
We’re now at a crucial stage in our journey as the activity in crypto is exploding, and we need many more talented people to join the team and help us make crypto data accessible.
We reached Unicorn status at only 16 employees, so if you want to have one of the highest impact jobs on the planet come join our rapidly expanding team of Galaxy brains.
Learn more about us:
- The Dune Manifesto
- Values and working at Dune
- Meet the team
The data must flow
About the role
As a site reliability engineer in Dune focused on Data Infrastructure you will play a key role in ensuring our data platform scales to accommodate an ever-growing volume of public blockchain data. This is a role that involves thinking about large scale distributed systems and distributed databases, and is ideal for anyone passionate about those topics.
We are building a data platform that
- Can ingest and process large volumes of data
- Allows third parties to ingest data
- Facilitates performant SQL queries across datasets
- Will serve as the foundation for many, if not all future Dune products.
In this role you will
- Design and develop distributed systems in a principled way and take part in high impact architectural decisions
- Engage in stimulating technical challenges in topics such as distributed systems, very large databases, SQL processing, data modelling, or systems performance
- Work with the rest of the engineering team to build stable, scalable systems.
- Advocate for a good balance between building new features and improving existing systems.
- Write code mostly in Go with a strong emphasis on good design and performance.
- Help unblock the rest of the engineering team by owning automation, CI and other processes.
- Collaborate in a respectful team environment that is fully distributed.
You might be a great fit for this role if
- You are a strong generalist with fundamental computer science knowledge. You use this knowledge to easily adapt to new technologies and scenarios, and to find the right solutions for the problems at hand.
- You have an understanding of distributed system design.Our work is as much about understanding and designing systems as it is about coding in a particular language.
- You have great collaboration and communication skills. We work on the principle that the best output emerges from effective team work and respectful/constructive discussions.
- Have experience architecting, developing, and troubleshooting systems.
- Have worked with or keen to learn Terraform.
- Have deep experience with Kubernetes as a platform.
- Have experience with clouds, such as AWS.
Not required but a plus if
- You have a degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- You have experience with database internals, large data storage and processing, and systems performance
- Coding experience in Go or similar language
Perks and Benefits
- A competitive salary and equity package
- A remote role with truly flexible working hours within a fully distributed team
- 5 weeks paid vacation + local public holidays
- Regular offsites with the team in various exciting locations
- Stipend for setting up your home office / co-working space