In this role, you'll have a front-row seat to what it's like working as a software engineer in a fast-moving startup that creates an exceptional user experience for students across the country. We're looking for someone who genuinely enjoys learning, listening, and collaborating to make software that people love to use. You'll also get the chance to gain experience with web application technologies including PHP, MySQL, GitHub, AWS, and more.
This internship is both paid and remote and available to anyone in the US. Come join us!
>>> APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 28th, 2023 <<<
CourseStorm streamlines access to education by providing powerful class registration, enrollment management, and marketing tools that are simple for learners and educators to use. We’ve already connected over 1,000,000 students with education – and we’re growing fast. We’re seeking a motivated, curious, and skilled software engineer to help us support our expanding base of learners and educators around the country.
At CourseStorm, empathy and inclusivity shape the heart of our company. We believe that everyone is needed to build a better world through education. The unique experiences, perspectives, and talents of our team members aren’t accessories – they are instrumental to our success and the impact we make. We welcome anyone with an open mind and an open heart to join us on this journey.
- Learn what the role of Software Engineer entails at a fast-growing startup
- Help our team engineer features, updates, and fixes based on the needs of CourseStorm's current and future customers
- Review updates from other team members for quality assurance
You'll love this role if you...
- Are passionate about education, learning, and personal growth
- Enjoy the challenge of coding a variety of projects
- Code on your own to help with one of your passions or to save time
- Often find yourself in DevTools or Web Inspector to figure out how a page was built
- Want your work to make a big impact both for learners around the country and for CourseStorm
- Care deeply about creating an experience that’s simple for everyone to use
- Hold yourself and your work to a high standard that can be an example for others
- Are excited about learning the ins and outs of startups
- An unwavering desire to learn new things
- Flexibility to work on a variety of constantly updating challenges
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Relational database experience (ideal)
- Excitement to work in a team environment to achieve aggressive goals
- A passion to work at a startup company and make a big impact