CLOSING DATE: MONDAY 27th MARCH
Climate Bonds Initiative is an international organisation working solely to mobilise the largest capital market of all, the bond market, for climate change solutions.
The Director of Strategic Communications & Marketing is responsible for conceptualising and delivering a communications and events strategy that seeks to increase the profile of the organisations agenda and influence to strengthen its external reputation to support the rapid expansion of Climate Bonds international activities and programs.
To execute all facets of the organisations brand and product marketing to enable the strengthening and facilitating of external partnerships. To strategically lead the communications, marketing and events team in a complex environment that is subject to significant public, political and media scrutiny, handling media enquiries and publicity to always leverage and protect CBI’s reputation.
The Director of Strategic Communications and Marketing will work closely with the CEO and collaborate with the Senior Leadership team to define the priority outcomes of Climate Bonds Initiative globally and subsequently determine a persuasive communications strategy that ensures appropriate alignment with the wider organisational objectives, goals, and priorities.
The postholder will establish a cross cutting communications strategy that incorporates all of CBIs workstreams and departments to influences, advise, and persuade at the most senior levels across the organisation, and the wider sustainable finance space.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage a robust and effective communications, marketing and events strategy that leads the communications team to develop and execute a vigorous communications and marketing plan
- Oversee the planning, implementation, and execution of events, including conferences, regional seminars, launches, and other events, both in-person and virtually
- Oversee and direct event messaging, content, and branding that aligns with the organisation's objectives
- Establish a robust media and social media growth and engagement strategy that ensure maximum impact and support the Global Head of Communications & Media to implement
- Continually appraise performance data of key campaigns and communications to inform better decision making at a senior leadership level
- Overall accountability for the growth and development of CBI’s plan of Events, ensuring alignment with the overarching communications strategy to guarantee full engagement of our Partners and external audiences to increase both the visibility and market position of CBI
- Devise, implement and deliver a clear and effective crisis management plan to address urgent media issues, including maintaining appropriate global risk register
- Oversee the implementation of the communication strategy for all events, webinars and podcasts and lead the long-term placement of CBI’s core messaging through overseeing a media and social communications strategy
- Overseeing production of communications and marketing materials, including posts, press releases, collateral brochures
- Responsibility for ensuring organisational consistency and alignment in messaging, content, collateral, and brand values encompassing core and regional teams, programs, projects and activities.
- Collaborate with the CEO, Executive Director and Senior Leadership Team to develop, deliver communication campaigns in support of the overall organisational mission and agenda
- Responsibility for the Climate Bonds online presence, ensuring consistency of voice and messaging across the website and other platforms, including (collaborating with the Director of Operations and Head of IT) managing a website upgrade.
- Lead on ad hoc communications and marketing projects including branding review and content creation of marketing materials that adequately support and represent the culture and core values of CBI
People and team management
- Manage and mentor the Head of Global Comms & Media, the Head of Events and Head of Marketing to ensure the successful execution of strategy
- Responsible for the overall planning and supervision of key communications and marketing projects
- Collaborate with the SLT and their respective departments to execute a robust and critical internal communications strategy that connects the global team and fosters a culture of information sharing and transparency across the organisation
- Lead the Head of Global Communications to develop effective and timely communications that drive subscriber, stakeholder engagement & loyalty
- Direct the communications budget, manage the core and regional media teams, data and performance reporting and systems improvements.
- Lead the communications team to deliver communications and marketing strategies for all of CBI Directorates, deploying a range of communications tools to support the organisations goals and objectives
- Develop and manage the global communications team, including operational and resource management, setting objectives and measuring individual performance against KPI’s
- In collaboration with the Head of Events, develop and oversee the execution of comprehensive event strategies that align with the organisation's goals and objectives
- Extensive experience in a similar role
- Proven experience in building & coaching a team of communications specialists & leading the execution of communications strategies that expand stakeholder engagement
- Experience of working in a complex environment that is subject to public and political security.
- Demonstrated grasp of the digital communications landscape and different technologies that can be used to achieve stakeholder engagement
- Excellent judgment and creative problem- solving skills, self-motivated and proactive in going above and beyond the call of duty
- Experience in crisis management, international and remote team management and development
- Ability to work comfortably and efficiently in a collaborative setting
- Excellent writing/editing and public speaking skills
- Awareness of and proficiency with communications technologies including social media
- Excellent project management skills, an ability to face stressful and uncertain situations with calmness and composure and inspiring a team to do the same
- Highly analytical and proficient with business tools
- Curious and adaptable, keen to stay ahead of the curve and keep up to date with new technology and platforms.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to recognise long-term goals
- Experience working in Climate Science/Climate Finance or Sustainability
- Diverse language skills
- Existing media network and high-level relationship management skills
- Impactful responsibilities from the day you join with responsibility for your own learning curve, the role is what you make of it and the possibilities depend on you.
- Amazing opportunities for career progression and structured career development – we’ll work with you to explore your learning development and career potential
- We offer a structured and bespoke induction programme specifically suited to the team you’ll be joining and the specific role you’ll be doing. During your first few months, you’ll be given all the training you need to succeed in your role.
- Opportunity to attend a series of Lunch and Learns, delivered by internal subject matter experts and external guest speakers
- An international and diverse work atmosphere
- The chance to be part of our rapid growth and play a key role in the next exciting phase of Climate Bonds Initiative journey
- Everyone that joins us is given the opportunity to undertake our signature Green Bond training, which is recognised and certified by CPD.