We’re a small, talented team with a bold mission to build a new type of e-commerce platform for brands that make amazing products but can be hard to find online. Using our deep experience in data science and engineering, we’ve launched Marmalade to help consumers find the brands that are making exactly what they’re looking for, and not just those that can afford to buy the most ads. Now we need to bring our product to market and grow our community of users, which is where you come in.
You are our ideal candidate if you love the feeling of discovering a new brand, want to fight for the small entrepreneur, and have the product marketing experience to bring an early-stage product discovery service to the consumer market.
What you will own & improve:
- User Growth: Your primary responsibility is to drive consumer growth. As part of the leadership team, you will work closely to define and execute a go-to-market strategy.
- Traction Channels: You will work with the CEO to develop cost-effective, scalable traction channels to generate explosive user growth.
- Brand Story: You will tell the story of how Marmalade guides consumers across their purchase journeys.
- Brand Equity: You will build Marmalade’s brand equity such that smaller online brands are excited to be discovered on Marmalade.
- Early Adopter Community: You will partner with our Community Manager to engage and activate our early users.
- Product Strategy: You will be a valued thought partner who combines their research, creativity and experience to inform product strategy.
What you already know:
- 6+ years of experience in a Product Marketing Manager, Brand Marketing and/or Marketing Manager role.
- How to develop and execute on a Go-To-Market Strategy for a consumer-facing product.
- How to develop traction channels using paid, owned and/or earned media to drive explosive user growth.
- How to tackle complex and/or ambiguous problems at an early stage startup.
- How to cultivate a community of early users.
- How to do the following (Product Marketing): brand positioning, product positioning, copywriting, storytelling.
- How to do the following (User Research): define user personas, design and execute qualitative and quantitative user research.
- How to present your ideas, research or solutions to key stakeholders.
What you will learn (if you don't know already):
- How to build a product that can compete and become an attractive alternative to Amazon.
- How to incorporate cutting-edge data science to revolutionize consumer product discovery.
- How to structure your ideas into testable hypotheses, and rapidly execute user research and/or experiments to validate them.
- How to create content for effective engagement on social media, SEO and other owned channels.
- How to iterate faster than you thought you were capable of.
- Health Insurance: Marmalade covers 90% of the monthly premiums for our medical, visual, and dental health care plans
- Retirement Savings: Marmalade offers 401(k) accounts and matches a portion of your contributions.
- Paid Time Off: 15 days of paid time off per year.
- Stock Options: driving success has its rewards and for this role that means equity! 0.50% — 1.50%+
About the team:
Our culture is such that we value constant learning and growth, and kindness to each other. This is a great opportunity for someone who prefers the faster pace and complex problem solving of an early startup environment, and is eager to own go-to-market for an AI-driven consumer e-commerce product.
This role reports to our CEO and fearless leader, Chris Chan.
If you join our team, you will be one of the first ten full-time employees at a funded, seed-stage Public Benefit Corporation. You will be building things and learning every day. And you will partner with teammates who are passionate about applying their decades of combined expertise to revolutionize the way we shop.
We’re building a diverse team to make e-commerce more equitable. If this role looks like your jam but you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications, we still encourage you to apply! As an equal opportunity employer, Marmalade is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, or veteran status.