At Rainmaking, our mission is to realise the massive entrepreneurial potential at the crossover between the corporate & startup worlds. We believe the greatest value can be unlocked by combining the scale strengths and deep domain knowledge of corporates with the entrepreneurial execution of startups. We bring our entrepreneurial experience and global network, to co-invest with ambitious corporates. We only succeed when our partners see tangible, commercial results, designing and executing a balanced portfolio of innovation initiatives.
We help corporations embed an entrepreneurial culture. We train teams with practical entrepreneurial skills. We help companies to meaningfully engage with startups. And, we partner to collaboratively build your innovation culture.
Rainmaking has partnered with over 85 Fortune 500 companies, delivering positive change through entrepreneurship and bringing startups and corporates together to build and scale new businesses. During which, Rainmaking has built, invested, and accelerated 932 ventures, including the world’s largest industry-focused accelerator programme, Startupbootcamp
Rainmaking has 13 offices across the globe with a global team of 150+ entrepreneurs, strategists, product experts, program teams and startup experts.
We are working with some of the biggest and most ambitious financial corporations to innovate. Meaning building new ventures and startup collaboration opportunities focused on creating new revenue streams, whilst leading the charge on critical social topics. You will have a chance to significantly shape the future of a great company by surfacing and validating innovation opportunities that leverage new technologies and business models from startups.
You will lead the team identifying and assessing future-forward trends within Financial Services and Fintech. This process involves a mixture of studying industry trends, startup activity, emerging business models, conducting customer interviews, and building business cases. You will be working closely with our strategy and project teams, providing them with an ongoing funnel of opportunities to pursue and supporting on conducting hypothesis-driven experiments to shape and validate the most promising opportunities.
As our Strategy Lead, you will:
- Lead a team of consultants to run Rainmaking’s flagship strategy process
- Conduct industry research and extract key trends and learnings that work to inform our strategic opinion
- Generate insights about a partners position within an industry, accounting for traditional and non-traditional competition
- Gather thoughts from industry leaders and startup founders through interviews
- Creating collateral that supports better internal knowledge transfer and stronger engagement with new and existing partners
- Structure and perform analysis that addresses business issues and pain points and generate insights about client and industry performance
- Build and present information in simple and structured presentations
- Represent Rainmaking at client, industry and innovation events
- Travel will likely include 3-6 weeks in Mexico City. Can be remote within 3 hours of GMT. Available for contract, c. 3 months from April 1st.
- Financial services, in particular, Fintech expertise demonstrated.
- Seasoned strategy consultant or fintech sector expert with 5-7 years experience, ideally holding previous entrepreneurial experience
- Preferably have experience in evaluating/driving innovation for emerging markets.
- Demonstrated capability in leading innovation strategy projects and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Program or project management experience, ensuring that deadlines are met and operations run effectively and efficiently
- Ability to communicate and present information credibly and effectively to C/C-1 stakeholders
- Excellent written and spoken English, Spanish a bonus.
- Passionate about Fintech and future of Financial Services and new emerging technologies
- Passionate about creating impact through technology and innovation
- Passionate about startups, technology, venture capital and innovation
- A self-starter, with good communication skills and a structured mindset to approaching problem solving and meeting deadlines
- Enthusiastic team player that loves working with different types of people in cross-functional teams and who is willing to help people around you to become even better
Why Work With Us
- Opportunity to be part of an innovation journey for a range of established financial institutions and corporate partners
- Learn about cutting edge strategy at the intersection of corporates and startups and a proven methodology for identifying high impact innovation opportunities
- The opportunity to rapidly take on responsibility and shape the direction of the project
- Being part of a small, super-dedicated group of very skilled and fun people
- A great office environment, at our office located in central London with great people and great coffee!
- Be a happy and whole person with a flexible work environment so you can have time to carve out for your friends and family
- A unique culture focusing on three strong values: being entrepreneurial, being impactful and being kind.