Founded in 2015 in Athens, Greece, Welcome redefines the way people travel by going above and beyond the commoditized transfer service and being the first company to deliver a complete, personalized, in-destination travel experience. From the moment a traveler arrives at a new destination, until their return journey home, Welcome accommodates all their travel needs, including transfers, sightseeing trips, and local information, in the easiest, friendliest, and most personalized way possible. Welcome's drivers are experts in the area and share their local know-how to make travelers feel at home wherever they are. The company has also introduced contactless rides, thorough cleaning protocols, and protective equipment to make every journey safe.
Being a travel tech startup, Welcome continues to grow and scale its operations and is quickly becoming a global category leader for in-destination travel services.
- One of the highest-rated global transportation companies with a rating of 4.9/5 stars
- 105 destinations in 50 countries with a goal to reach 400 by 2024
- 33 destinations launched in 2022
- Over 2,000 travel partners including 1,000 hotels, numerous vacation rentals, and travel agents, adding 50+ new ones every month
- Over 1 Million happy travelers every year
We are a group of vibrant diverse people who love traveling and never settle on quality. Each one of us didn’t join Welcome by chance, and believes deeply in what Welcome is trying to achieve, so we work relentlessly to make that happen. We challenge common logic, focus on design, put simplicity and usability first, and create memorable experiences. We keep learning and exploring better ways to serve our community and grow personally and professionally in our respective fields. We stay humble along the way, with a “pay it forward” mentality, but with big and bold goals.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Business Development professional who will identify growth opportunities, manage an efficient sales funnel, and increase our partnerships with vacation rental companies and other partners from the travel industry (BnBs, Web Affiliates, and bigger affiliates like OTAs, Airlines, etc). The role is essential to Welcome’s path to becoming an international brand, as it is responsible for building and developing close professional business relations with vacation rental companies and affiliates, providing them with the highest quality service possible. Check the links provided above to find out more about our partners’ program and our current existing partners.
As a Business Development Specialist you will be responsible to:
- Manage the entire sales cycle: prospecting, reaching out, qualifying & handling leads, demoing (mostly video calls demos), negotiating, and closing commercial agreements.
- Generate new leads (emails, auto-email sequences, etc), identify and contact decision-makers, screen potential partnership opportunities, and select the deals in line with strategies.
- Ensure Customer Success and support partner retention efforts by managing the existing portfolio of partners and acting as their primary point of contact.
- Achieve periodic sales targets.
- Analyze product usage and gather feedback from partners regarding product enhancements and processes to drive Partner efficiencies and increase revenue;
- Execute effectively based on KPI metrics (targets, goals, and/or strategic objectives).
- Keep an updated CRM (HubSpot).
- At least 2 years of track record in B2B sales and negotiation in the travel and/or technology (SaaS) industry as a business developer, sales executive, or a relevant role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field.
- Proven ability to drive sales processes from plan to close.
- Advanced interpersonal skills for building, developing, and managing relationships with partners.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently; strong sense of ownership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Familiarity with the travel & hospitality industry will be a great plus.
- Ability to analyze sales figures and write reports.
- You demonstrate a “partner-first” attitude and create “win-win” situations that bring value for both Welcome Pickups and our Partners; you are biased towards action by actively engaging and following up with stakeholders until issues are resolved.
- Uncompromising attention to detail.
- Ace problem-solving skills.
- A friendly and upbeat personality.
- Digital native: fluent in web and digital technologies.
- Competitive salary package plus bonus scheme
- Private Health Insurance Plan
- Vibrant and fresh work environment at the center of Athens
- Flexible work from home policy
- The tools you need to successfully perform your daily tasks
- The unique opportunity to join “the next big thing” at the ground level