We are looking for a motivated, hardworking Software Development Tech Lead / Lead Software Engineer, Developer Platform (Back-End) to join our growing team of highly experienced entrepreneurs and automation experts. We're looking to add passionate individuals to our team as we embark on a journey to build a game-changing company, and take it public.
The Wrk Platform is infinitely simplifying automation. We’re building a world where any process can be replicated by combining human skill sets and bots into pre-configured units of work that we call ‘Wrk Actions’. These Wrk Actions are the building blocks for processes big and small — automating the delivery of tasks from the very simple, like merging spreadsheets, to the very complex, like executing, analyzing, and escalating customer service phone calls.
We don’t believe automation should be scary, complicated, or confusing to deploy. We are looking for mission-aligned individuals to join our fast-growing remote team — motivated by strategy, empathy, and the desire to be the change.
We know that each individual's journey is unique. If you’re unsure you meet all of the criteria and qualifications but still think this might be the right fit, please still apply! We’d love to review your application rather than have you self-select out of the process. Please apply by submitting your application today.
- Microservices and SDKs written in Python, Go, and Typescript
- Data layer includes PostgreSQL databases, self and cloud-hosted ETL pipelines, a data warehouse, and a data lake.
- Google Kubernetes Engine and AWS Lambda for deployments
- Our stack is always evolving. We continually assess new technologies that fit the problem space we are working in.
What you’ll do:
We are seeking a Tech Lead that has experience owning the technical strategy and implementation of product areas in order to scale up our developer platform to enable developers to build, test, and deploy their actions in hours, and to handle tens of thousands of actions in our library.
As a Tech Lead, you will:
- Design and actively contribute to medium scale technical systems.
- Be a capable leader that can influence their teams and build technical alignment within them.
- Provide sponsorship of key initiatives at the level of individual projects and teams.
- Cause their team to continuously improve the code, as well as the productivity of their team.
- Grow the next generation of leadership by actively mentoring other team members.
- Be a capable cross-team collaborator that carries the team’s context and successfully leads technical change across teams.
Experience and Qualifications:
- While we do not require a specific number of years of experience, Tech Leads at Wrk typically have 5-10 years of professional software development experience, with at least 3 working on distributed web systems.
- This role requires experience leading projects where you have been the technical lead / lead architect.
Nice to haves, but not required (please don’t let this hold you back from applying):
- Designed or contributed to SDKs, test frameworks, profilers, virtualization or containerization tools, compilers, or programming languages.
- Designed or contributed to programming language-based IaC tools like Amazon CDK or Pulumi
- Designed or contributed to systems that implement authentication and authorization mechanisms such as OAuth2. Bonus qualifications include experience with SAML, OpenID Connect, Kerberos, or LDAP.
- Experience handling API issues at scale, including rate limits, downtime, retries, and contract breakages.
- The ideal candidate has experience working in a domain-driven design environment.
- Work from home/remote location within Canada or the US (really!)
- Competitive Annual compensation
- We work Monday-Fridays with flexible hours
- Competitive benefits packages (includes family members). 100% of Premiums are paid by the company which starts after 3 months of employment.
- Home office budget (Based on Location)
- Unlimited Paid Time off Policy (we really mean it!)
- Flexible sick, personal and religious days
- Opportunity to work directly with industry leaders and experienced entrepreneurs, along with paid coaching and mentorship of your choice to grow your skills and career.
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis and interviews may start sooner, if you are interested please submit an application as soon as possible.
- Application Questions - If selected, someone from our team will reach out with a few follow up questions to confirm alignment on certain specific must criteria.
- Meet the Talent Acquisition team - 30 min video call
- Ist interview - Meet the VP of Development Services and Engineering Team Lead - 1 hour video call
- 2nd interview/ Assessment - Architecture Assessment with the Engineering Team Lead and Senior Software Developer - 1 hour interactive video call
- 3rd Interview/ Assessment - Coding Assessment with a Developer - 45 min -1 hour interactive video call
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
Wrk is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and proud to embrace what makes us each unique. Employment with Wrk is governed based on merit, competence, and qualifications. No one will not be influenced in any manner by race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, gender, national origin/ethnicity, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, Veteran status or any other legally protected status.
As a remote company, we recognize that we are collective in many locations across Canada and the United States. We recognize both the land and the Indigenous people who lived — and in many situations continue to live — on the land prior to Canada's and the US’ colonial history. We specifically acknowledge Wrk is registered on the traditional territory of the Kanien’kehà:ka, a place which has long served as a site of meeting and exchange amongst many First Nations including the Kanien’kehá:ka of the Haudenosaunee Confederacy, Huron/Wendat, Abenaki, and Anishinaabeg.
Other things to know:
This job is open to citizens or permanent residents of Canada or the US. This is a purely remote role
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.