About the role
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of the future of the automotive industry. Together with your peers you will be working on a platform for one of the largest OEMs in the world. Your contribution is critical and will allow you to see the result of your work driving down the road in future vehicles! Being so close to cutting-edge technologies will allow you to further enhance your skills & thrive within an innovative technology environment.
As our Senior Data Engineer at Moro Tech you will be part of our Data Chapter working within a cross-functional team, collaborating with Software Engineers, DevOps Engineers, QA Engineers and Product Owners to deliver innovative solutions within the smart mobility ecosystem.
What will you be doing?
- Design, implement and optimize data lake architectures.
- Build robust, scalable data systems and pipelines.
- Acquire and ingest large volumes of data in near real-time fashion.
- Combine raw information from external & internal sources (APIs, Databases).
- Monitor and ensure data quality of the data lake components and introduce new techniques of enhancing the overall data lake health.
- Evaluate business needs and objectives in association with product owners and drive the requirement analysis from a technical perspective.
- Lead the technical analysis and solution design of new features.
- Participate actively in code reviews & ensuring tour craft best practices are followed.
- Identify location/time patterns in geospatial data and present your findings to stakeholders.
- Mentor other/new team members on technical areas and use your technical expertise to level-up the team
- Be a member of a scrum team working with Agile methodologies.
Who are we looking for?
- BSc, MSc in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering or any related technical discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of production-level experience in big data manipulation, using a high-level programming language, e.g. Python/Java/Scala, solving complex problems and delivering quality outcomes (we use Python).
- Working experience in building robust data pipelines using open source distributed computing frameworks (Apache Spark, Apache Flink, Dask).
- Working experience in designing, constructing, cataloging and optimizing data lake infrastructures (e.g. MinIO / Amazon S3, Hive Metastore / Glue Data Catalog).
- Experience with Cloud Technologies and Serverless Computing (we use AWS).
- Familiarity in using Docker for local development and tuning applications deployed on a Kubernetes cluster.
- Familiarity with performing SQL analytic workloads against cloud data warehouses (e.g. Amazon Redshift) or data lakes (e.g. Presto, Amazon Athena).
- Excellent understanding of software testing, agile development methodology and version control.
- Excellent understanding of Big Data File Formats (Apache Parquet/Avro/ORC) and how to leverage the power of their metadata information.
- We are a multinational company, fluency in English is a must.
- We thrive through team collaboration, we are on the lookout for team players.
- We encourage everyone to think out of the box;curiosity and willingness to learn new technologies and evolve as an individual and as a team member is highly appreciated.
What it would be great to have (a strong plus)
- Working experience in building scalable data streaming applications (e.g. Spark Streaming, Apache Flink, Amazon Kinesis Data Streams).
- Working experience with a workflow orchestration tool (e.g Airflow, Luigi).
- Professional exposure to SQS/SNS, Apache Kafka or other brokers.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases, mainly key-value data stores (Redis) and document-oriented databases (MongoDB).
What’s in it for you?
- Annual Training budget
- Private Health insurance
- Monthly Meal Vouchers
- Mac Equipment
- Marriage & Child Birth Gift Vouchers
- Free Sick Leave Days
- Competitive salary package
- Flexible working hours
- Zero Mandatory Office Presence