We’re looking for a video social content creator to join our audience development team! The ideal candidate has a passion for creating social content, and keeps up with the latest trends across all key channels. Individuals should be team-oriented with exceptional organizational skills and a self-starter mentality. This is an amazing opportunity to demonstrate your social media prowess and further develop our audience within our priority social video platforms.
We’re looking for someone who specializes in video with a passion for improving content, educating readers, and enhancing the visibility of the content through our owned and operated channels. The ability to research and provide the best content to our audience is a must, along with vetting existing content.
Candidates should already have experience leading a team or channel as a content publisher, and be able to dedicate consistent time each day to the role, along with the desire to dive right into helping craft publishable content with minimal training. Strategic deployment of each individual video or video series is crucial to the success of this role.
What You’ll Do:
- Create and produce socially native video content, i.e. TikToks, IG Reels, Snapchat, Facebook, and Twitter, to drive engagement, views, and audience growth
- Work with audience development, social media, editorial and video staff to prioritize video curation and queue, including real-time moments and cultural opportunities
- Using social and competitive insights, develop social-first video content strategy to grow our audience and userbase, with a focus on engagement
- Organize and write each video series/pitch to tell a comprehensive story that ties back to our core mission and/or the most relevant/unique tech headlines happening that day/week
- Maintain a steady and consistent output of our video content, ensuring our audience receives content at the expected time or when they’re most likely to see it
- Create social first copy for each video, honing in on headlines/post text that maximizes shareability
- Stay on top of the latest trends in social, especially in the technology space, and share opportunities with cross-functional teams
- Review content for completeness and quality including language/tone/voice of content; handle process for revisions
- Possess a keen eye for understanding brand vision and goals, taking necessary and proactive steps to guarantee that we are tracking towards those milestones
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Audience Development to create an report on social success, inclusive of daily/weekly/monthly learnings
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years of experience as a social content creator for online publications or relevant companies
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Project Management software skills preferred – Asana experience a plus
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate and provide feedback effectively
- Superior time management skills
- Experience working with web content management systems (WordPress preferred)
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. “Tech for the Way You Live.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Digital Trends encourages, honors, and values diversity. Our goal is to create a culture of inclusion. We are committed to fostering a positive multigenerational and multicultural workforce by supporting inclusion in all forms, both within our company and across interactions with our audience, clients, and candidates.