In 2018, Very Good Ventures built the very first commercial Flutter app — the Hamilton app — starting our journey focused on using the latest new technologies to build products that people would love to use.
Since then, we've emerged as the leading experts in Flutter app development. We achieved many of Flutter's "firsts": the first commercial app, the first public demo of Flutter desktop embedding, and the first public prototype of Flutter on the Web.
We are fully committed to the future of app development. We've attracted some of the industry's best talent and work with top companies to build high-quality Flutter apps built for scale.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for driving revenue by securing business opportunities with clients through active outreach, discovery, and negotiation. You will leverage your knowledge of different industries and their needs to partner with clients and understand how Very Good Venture’s expertise in Flutter can be best applied across their business.
- Own and be responsible for your own sales pipeline end to end.
- Generate top of funnel when necessary leveraging your personal network and hunting skills
- Become a subject matter expert on Flutter and VGV’s offerings.
- Run discovery sessions and be able to identify and capture key information.
- Keep up to date notes in our CRM on discovery such that other parts of the business can quickly get up to speed during handoffs or technical discovery discussions.
- Stay on top of industry trends and standards to better understand and connect with clients.
- 4-7+ years of experience in business development roles
- Proficiency in understanding and using industry specific jargon
- Ability to understand client responsibilities at a technical level and condense these down to important key points
- Experience working in a CRM and maintaining good documentation
- Experience working closely with internal technical teams to understand and scope projects
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to estimate deal sizes
- Looking for hungry, motivated individuals who can operate largely autonomously
- REMOTE first company
- A team of high skilled, experienced Flutter developers including Google Developer Experts, and well-known open-source maintainers
- Passion and enthusiasm for what we create
- Empowerment to be your best professional self
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) – We promote a culture of mental and physical wellness, and encourage you to take time off
- Health benefits including medical, dental, vision, HSA, Company Sponsored Short Term & Long Term Disability, Life & AD&D
- Available 401K with up to 4% match
- End of year company shut down (December 23, 2022- January 1, 2023), in addition to observing company holidays
Join our team and be a part of the future of app development!