TechChange provides online professional development in technology and social change. Our platform helps build communities around the world through courses, workshops, and virtual conferences on topics like global health, human rights, economic empowerment, and more. We’re seeking a Project Assistant contractor to play a vital role in the smooth execution and functioning of ongoing and future education programs. We’re a small, dynamic, remote-first team, and are looking for a self-motivated team member that can come in and help take our services to the next level.
About the Project Assistant (contractor) position
Proactive Project Assistants work collaboratively with team members to support specific short- and long-term projects. In this role, you will oversee tasks delegated to you by Account Manager(s), coordinate with any necessary contractors and team members, and contribute to the project moving forward on time and on budget. You will need to be highly organized, adaptable, and able to prioritize tasks while working independently. Ultimately, Project Assistants support in the creation of powerful learning experiences to achieve partner success on tight timelines, with limited resources, and in alignment with TechChange best practices.
Project Assistant (contractor) responsibilities include:
- Collaboration: Effectively coordinate efforts with internal team members and any outside consultants, contribute to the entire project lifecycle; report updates verbally and in written form to appropriate Account Manager(s); complete any necessary administrative tasks related to the Virtual GDDF.
- Client-Focused: Demonstrate commitment to clients’ needs and confidentiality continuously
- Success: Proactively support project moving forward on time and on budget
- System Strengthening: Provide insights into systems and processes that will improve role effectiveness across project(s).
- Documentation: Identify and develop documentation to standardize and scale project development and responses.
- Communication: Leverage insights to inform the community through blog posts, case studies, webinars, or other formats.
- Tracking: Appropriately track working time through customary system.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or 1 year of working or commensurate experience
- Familiarity with adult education concepts and principles
- Ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with team members
- Ability to collaborate with team members to execute strict deadlines with limited resources in support of project(s)
- A self-starter able to thrive in a high-volume, deadline-driven work environment while maintaining a high attention to detail
- Technical skills not required, a plus:
- Facilitation tools: Miro, Slido or Mentimeter, Zoom (or similar video conferencing tools
- Project Management tools: Monday.com, Trello, etc.
- File Storage: Google suite
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in additional languages highly valued.