Dune is on a mission to make crypto data accessible. We’re a collaborative multi-blockchain analytics platform which is used by thousands of developers, analysts, investors and community members to better understand how the crypto ecosystem works.
We’re a fast growing team, working remotely from all across the world. We cherish working on a product that empowers our users to create and do their own research in an open community first manner.
We’re backed by some of the world's best investors. In February 2022, we announced that we’ve raised our Series B funding, led by Coatue 🦄 to double down on our mission of making crypto data accessible! We’ll use the funds to educate, reward and empower a new generation of on-chain analysts aka Dune Wizards.
Here's how 👇
We’re now at a crucial stage in our journey as the activity in crypto is exploding, and we need many more talented people to join the team and help us make crypto data accessible.
We reached Unicorn status at only 16 employees, so if you want to have one of the highest impact jobs on the planet come join our rapidly expanding team of Galaxy brains.
Learn more about us:
- The Dune Manifesto
- Values and working at Dune
- Meet the team
The data must flow
About the role
Dune is a small team building large things. We like to think and design before jumping into coding. We mainly use Go and TypeScript to build scalable systems that are easy to build upon.
As a frontend engineer in Dune you will play a key role in ensuring a world class experience for our users and customers on dune.xyz. Our application is written in Typescript, uses React and Next.js, talks GraphQL to a Hasura API and is hosted on Vercel.
In this role you will
- Work with PMs, designers and other engineers to build new features and improve the user experience on dune.xyz.
- Improve the performance of the existing experience by improving load times, leveraging server-side rendering and implementing smart caching solutions.
- Make dune.xyz a more engaging site with UI components that are snappy and interactive.
- Turn normal users into super users with keyboard shortcuts, workspace configuration and a great mobile experience.
- Ensure that our site is accessible by leveraging browser accessibility features.
- Push the boundaries of modern frontend development by experimenting with different approaches to make the code more testable and maintainable.
You might be a great fit for this role if
- You are a strong generalist with fundamental computer science knowledge. You use this knowledge to easily adapt to new technologies and scenarios, and to find the right solutions for the problems at hand.
- You have a background in building usable and performant web applications.
- You have an understanding of distributed system design. Our work is as much about understanding and designing systems as it is about coding in a particular language.
- You have great collaboration and communication skills. We work on the principle that the best output emerges from effective team work and respectful/constructive discussions.
- Coding experience in Typescript and Go, along with a zeal for writing well-designed, testable code
Perks and Benefits
- A competitive salary and equity package
- A remote role with truly flexible working hours within a fully distributed team
- 5 weeks paid vacation + local public holidays
- Regular offsites with the team in various exciting locations
- Stipend for setting up your home office / co-working space