Who are we and why should you join us?
- We help people change their lives. BetterHelp is the world’s largest therapy service. We set out on a mission to provide everyone with easy, affordable, and private access to professional counseling: anytime, anywhere. To date, our network of over 30,000 licensed, accredited, and board-certified therapists have assisted more than 3,000,000 people. Every month, our secure website and mobile app facilitate over 5,000,000 messages, chats, voice calls, and video sessions that help people face life’s challenges.
- We’re taking mental healthcare to the next level. We combine clinical care, cutting-edge technology and data-driven product development to constantly learn, iterate, and improve. We are relentless in our pursuit of better, always questioning the status quo and discovering new ways to get things done and serve our members.
- We are a community that grows together - both professionally and personally. Even with our exponential growth, our team is kept agile and nimble, allowing you to have a huge impact and carve your own path from day one. We invest in our team’s well-being and professional development because we know that business and individual growth go hand-in-hand. You will move fast, remain flexible, and be challenged every day. Join us!
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a hard-working, passionate, fast-paced individual with experience providing direct clinical care to join our Clinical Operations Team. Our Clinical Operations teammates are the liaison between BetterHelp members, the therapists, and the technology platform; and they consistently help our company to improve efficacy and quality between the three.
You are a self-starter with a growth mindset that spans clinical quality, business development, and the rapid pace of change characteristic of a tech startup. With your experience and opinions from direct clinical care, you are confident in your abilities to apply the best of “what’s working today” in the mental healthcare system, while being a vocal proponent of what “red tape” should be eliminated or redesigned to better serve clients and their therapeutic progress.
This is a role that is primed for extreme individual career growth and development, combined with the opportunity to change how mental healthcare services are accessed both domestically and internationally.
What will you do?
- You will provide support via email, phone, and chat on a daily basis to our rapidly growing counselor network, in order to ensure they are always well-equipped to provide high-quality clinical care to our members.
- You will act as a point of escalation for complex customer and counselor questions to ensure quality Improvement, and you will organize cross-functional teams as needed to resolve any escalations.
- You will be accountable for auditing qualitative, quantitative, and/or episodic data and provide fair, actionable, and constructive clinical feedback to counselors.
- You will monitor the clinical capabilities and relevant work experience of counselors applying to be part of the BetterHelp platform.
- You will proactively conduct outreach and maintain productive communications with counselors to get feedback, improve satisfaction, and prevent churn.
- You will learn how to articulate new product ideas and/or enhancements to existing product features for our Engineering Team, and you will work with them to get those ideas implemented.
- You will stay up to date with the regulatory environment, with support from our Legal Team and our Provider Network Team, and you will clearly communicate changes to the organization to support compliance with mental health ethical and legal standards.
- You will work closely with Creative Director and participate in public speaking events, media interviews, and appear on BetterHelp's social media channels.
What will you NOT do?
- You will NOT worry about funding. We have startup DNA and we're fully backed and funded by our parent company, Teladoc Health.
- You will NOT be confined to your "job". You will get involved in product, marketing, business strategy, and almost everything we do.
- You will NOT be bogged down by office politics, ego, or bad attitude. Only positive, pleasure-to-work-with people allowed here!
- You will NOT get yourself burned out. We work hard and we believe in maintaining sustainable work/life balance. Really.
- Graduate degree (Masters or Doctorate) in counseling, psychology, or social work
- Have at least 1 year of good-standing experience as a BetterHelp therapist in the last 2 years
- Analytical and metrics driven, with a proven track record of making decisions based on data
- Ability to understand and respect different therapeutic approaches, even if it is not your own preferred approach
- Have great communication skills including public speaking
- Comfortable and competent to participate in media interview and appear on BetterHelp's social media channels and
- Possess a growth mindset, and you thrive in a data-driven, customer-centric environment.
- Competitive salary & equity compensation
- Excellent health, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Generous perks program
- Remote work with in person team bonding experiences sponsored by the company
- Office in the heart of downtown Mountain View, a three-minute walk from Caltrain
- Commuter benefits, FSA accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Programs
- Building something that matters - loved by the people and admired by the press
- Any piece of hardware or software that will make you happy and productive
- Awesome people to work with
- Nothing to slow you down
- Helping people live a better life, every day
The base salary range for this position is $80,000 - $100,000. In addition to a base salary, this position is eligible for a performance bonus, RSU's and benefits (subject to eligibility requirements) listed here: Teladoc Health Benefits 2023. Total compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to, type of position, location, education level, work experience, and certifications. This information is applicable for all full-time positions.
At BetterHelp we thrive on difference and individuality, and as part of the Teladoc Health family, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status, parental status, disability, or Veteran status.