Inspectorio is a SaaS company founded in 2016, aimed at helping brands, retailers and manufacturers build an interconnected supply chain. Through our suite of products, including RISE, SIGHT, and TRACKING, we’re able to support our customers to manage risk through digitalized quality, compliance, and production tracking programs.
Bound by our mission to build an interconnected, sustainable, and transparent supply chain, we’ve grown to over 300 Inspectorians globally in 6 years and was named Best Tech StartUp in 2021 by The Tech Tribune. And the industry sees our vision, as today, Inspectorio is used by over 8,000 customers, including some of the largest brands and retailers in the world.
We wouldn’t have achieved the company success we’ve had thus far, had it not been for making the right strategic moves and planning and executing accordingly. In 2023, we don’t intend to rest on our laurels, and thus, we’re hiring a Director of Business Systems to continually improve the strategic and business operations of Inspectorio.
Who You Are
Inspectorio is hiring a Director of Business Systems to drive systems strategy and execution to support our growth in business capabilities, applications, APIs, and integrations. This is a highly cross-functional and results driven role that will report directly to the EVP of Global Operations, work directly with our C-Level Executive Team and CEO, and work closely with business functions like Sales, Marketing, People, Legal, Finance, Product & Engineering.
What you'll do
- Create a culture of embracing Business-Led IT and IT serving as the glue in large, cross-functional initiatives
- Focus on data, KPIs and business outcomes
- Demonstrate predictable delivery with small MVPs
- Create a culture of metrics-driven IT performance
- Drive vision, mission and technology strategy, buy vs build decisions, balancing competitive advantage with time to market
- Work closely with Product & Engineering to build a deep understanding of the customer journey, and optimize enterprise infrastructure for customer experiences
- Serve as a liaison and business partner to key stakeholders, facilitating discussions on process, technology and shared accountability
ARCHITECTURE & GOVERNANCE
- Envision and architect the entire enterprise for optimized KPIs, solving business problems, ensuring data quality, scale, security, reliability and availability
- Ensure basic architecture and data governance principles are followed
- Apply best practices for Hub and Spoke architectures and micro-services
- Drive RFP process and select vendors that provide business capabilities for Finance, Legal, HR, Sales, Marketing, Customer Support, Compliance, Business Development, Engineering
- Negotiate contracts and manage vendor relationships
- Lead function’s demand intake process and collaborate with business stakeholders on quarterly objectives and ongoing team staffing
- Influence executive stakeholders when making business and technical decisions
- Track project status (red/yellow, green) and serve as an escalation point for unblocking agile team
PRODUCT & DEVELOPMENT TEAM MANAGEMENT
- Manage agile teams of business systems analysts, developers, project managers and product managers delivering on business priorities
- Hire A players and retain top talent in every seat
- Assist engineers in expediting technical solutions, resolving production issues and unblocking agile projects
- Manage a team budget and headcount, contract-to-FTE ratios, on shore and off-shore capacity
- Document and manage business capabilities, systems and integrations to ensure portfolio optimization, SLAs and high data quality
- Manage epics, user stories, defects in Jira
- Ensure high quality code and configuration, signed-off by business users
- Conduct hands-on POC's in new and existing technologies
- Perform code and configuration reviews when needed
- Manage production tickets and new project request, by business function
- Work closely with security to ensure solutions meet security requirements
- Manage system life cycle, especially post M&As
- Optimize CI/CD pipelines and overall release mgt process
- Analyze current industry trends for open source, low code platforms, new business systems and educate key stakeholders and engineers
- Write thought leadership blogs and present current points of view
We know this is the part of the JD you really care about it. So, let’s get to it. Role requirements are:
- 5+ years of enterprise architecture experience in a fast-paced environment, consolidating systems and integrating M&As
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with systems such as NetSuite, Salesforce, Hubspot, ChurnZero, BambooHR/Workable, Databricks/Snowflake, Workato, BI tools) either as a power user or as a configurator.
- Business domain knowledge of business capabilities and key metrics in Finance, Legal, HR, Sales, Marketing, Customer Support, Customer Success, Compliance
- 5+ years of experience working with cloud, ex. AWS, GCE, and Azure
- Good knowledge of web environments, API designs, GRPC, HTTP, REST
- Experience with Jira, Git and CI/CD pipelines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including executive presentation skills
- Ability to make order out of chaos and make effective decisions
Why it would be awesome to work with us
- 🍹 Unlimited annual leave: Yes, you heard that right! We take work:life balance seriously!
- 🏝️ Flexible working: You can WFA, or from our many hubs around the world.
- 💪 Project ownership: Whatever work or social project you’re passionate about, we’ll listen!
- 🥳 Fun: Company-sponsored trips, weekly parties, sporting events, and more.
- 🌱 Personal and professional growth: we make sure to invest heavily in our team!
- 🌎 Global team: you’ll be joining a fun, and welcoming global team from over 40 countries.
Carlos Moncayo, our CEO wrote these values himself - he’s deeply passionate about these and they’re at the center of everything we do. They’re in our day-to-day and our driving force for success.
- EXCELLENCE: We pursue mastery and craftsmanship. “Good enough” is our enemy. We have a thirst and desire for knowledge. There’s always an opportunity to be better.
- AUTONOMY: We act independently when recognizing opportunities for improvement. We seek guidance, and clear goals instead of orders. We self-assess the quality and impact of our work.
- COURAGE: We share our opinion, even if it’s uncomfortable. We are candid with colleagues. We are willing to experiment and try something new, even if we’re not sure it will succeed.
- HUMBLENESS: We crave opportunities to learn from the people around us. We leave our egos outside the office. We focus on listening to other perspectives.